Scunthorpe United have a vacancy for the role of kitchen assistant.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com before Friday, July 28th.
The kitchen assistant’s role is to help in the preparation of food and make sure the chefs have everything they need.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITLIES...
• To support the chef in all areas of food preparation and service
• To wash, peel and prepare food items as directed by the chef
• To plate dishes as instructed by the chef
• To use a variety of cooking techniques
• To unload deliveries
• To organise the storeroom
• To wash the work surfaces, floors and walls and appliances
• Collect and dispose of waste from the kitchen
• Maintain food hygiene standards to the highest level
• To assist in stocktaking
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES...
• Previous experience of food preparation and food hygiene requirements
• An interest in the hospitality industry
• Must be calm under pressure
• Must work well as part of a team
• Must be able to follow instructions
• Must be able to use own initiative
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Scunthorpe United Football Club policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises.
The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Manager.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.