Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


21 September 2016

Continuing our brand new web feature, we look at all the essentials from United's goalless encounter with the Addicks.

The Iron drew a blank at home for the first time since March 5 as the spoils were shared against Charlton Athletic.

Chances were at a premium for both sides, with a point-a-piece a fair reflection on proceedings, with United failing to score for the first time in 2016-17.

To view a full match report from the game, click here.

Relive our minute-by-minute coverage of the game either on our Twitter page or via our Website Feed, embedded into the website.

To view extended highlights of the game on The Iron PlayerHD, click here.

Following the game, Graham Alexander praised his side for another defensive battle, in which United remained resilient for another 90 minutes.

To view the Iron boss' full interview on The Iron PlayerHD, click here.

Following the game, the club spoke to Murray Wallace and Neal Bishop, with the latter making his 100th Scunthorpe United appearance.

To view Murray Wallace's full interview on The Iron PlayerHD, click here.

To view Neal Bishop's thoughts following the encounter, click here.

You can view a full gallery of the game, presented by photographers Damon Campion, Simon Wright and Luke Broughton by clicking here or on the image below.

STALEMATE: Nothing could separate the two sides at Glanford Park on Tuesday evening as United failed to score for the first time this season.

The Iron extended their lead at the summit of League One to two points following a point against the Addicks.

In collecting the point, a run of seven successive victories at Glanford Park came to an end in the first time United have failed to score at home since March 5 when they did all but score in a goalless encounter against Gillingham.

Elsewhere, the rearranged game between Swindon and Bristol Rovers was the only other fixture in the EFL following an abandonment of the original fixture, with Swindon throwing away a one goal lead in the space of a minute. They took the lead after six minutes before Raphael Rossi Branco conceded a penalty which was converted by Matty Taylor before Rossi Branco completed a nightmare sixty seconds by putting through his own net.


Scunthorpe United 0-0 Charlton Athletic
Swindon Town 1-2 Bristol Rovers


AFC Wimbledon v Shrewsbury Town
Bolton Wanderers v Bradford City
Bristol Rovers v Port Vale
Bury v Chesterfield
Fleetwood Town v Milton Keynes Dons
Gillingham v Coventry City
Millwall v Rochdale
Northampton Town v Southend United
Oldham Athletic v Swindon Town
Oxford United v Charlton Athletic
Peterborough United v Walsall
Scunthorpe United v Sheffield United

Tweets by @SUFCOfficial

Advertisement block