Iron assistant club secretary Adam Grice is part of a contingent from the club taking part in the Football to Amsterdam Charity Cycle trek.Full details can be read here, as Adam and his fellow cyclists look to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK. To sponsor the Iron group, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleChallengeSUFC.
Here is part 4 of Adam's blog detailing the journey:
- Day two started with the early morning wake-up call on the ferry followed by a light breakfast.
- Then once we arrived in Rotterdam we disembarked and collected our bikes ahead of the 74 miles ahead of us.
- There was only one way to start the day with the iPod playlist and that was by listening to the Beautiful South and Rotterdam (newer and better tunes soon followed - trust me).
- A steady ride towards the west coast of Holland followed where we then headed north towards Den Haag. After the first refreshment break we continued through The Hague and back inland as we ploughed through the miles.
- The second stop and lunch break came around 12:30 where all the riders congregated for a spot of light high carb lynx ahead of the final push towards to Dutch capital.
- I will be providing you with updates throughout the final day and letting you know my progress.
Tweets by @SUFCOfficial