Iron assistant club secretary Adam Grice is part of a contingent from the club taking part in the Football to Amsterdam Charity Cycle trek.Full details can be read here, as Adam and his fellow cyclists look to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK. To sponsor the Iron group, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleChallengeSUFC.
Here is part 3 of Adam's blog detailing the journey:
- Since lunchtime we've completed 33 miles, which takes us to 71 miles for the day.
- We cycled from Goole, through Howden and then had a stop-off shortly after. Those 18 miles were pretty simple and quite flat.
- The next 15 miles saw us encounter one major hill, which we all got through. It was then stop-start as we got into Hull.
- We came over the top end of Hull and finished the Hull Kingston Rovers' Craven Park.
- Now, I'm going to get a shower, eat a lot of food, have a few drinks and get plenty of sleep ready for tomorrow's second day.
- We leave Craven Park at around 5.30pm and will then get on the ferry to the Netherlands. We can get on that at 6.30pm and it leaves Hull at 8.30pm.
- We set off for the second day at around 9am tomorrow morning.
- I will be providing you with updates throughout the final day and letting you know my progress.
Tweets by @SUFCOfficial