Scunthorpe United Football Club Academy is looking to appoint a full time Youth Development Phase Lead Coach to join our Academy team.The post involves working with the Academy players aged between 12 and 16 providing services for our game and training programme.
This role would suit a hardworking, enthusiastic individual with a proven record in academy football and player development.
Due to the nature of the role it would be advantageous for the successful applicant to be residing in the local area.
• Job Title: Youth Development Phase Lead Coach
• Reports to: Academy Manager
• Location: The Academy is based at DN15 7DF. You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job requirements.
• Hours: This is a full time role requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend, including regular travel to away matches on Sundays.
• Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• To monitor and oversee the holistic development programme in the youth development phase.
• To design, implement, manage and continually improve the academy coaching programme.
• To manage the academy youth development phase part time coaching staff ensuring that the coaching programme is periodised and is age and position specific and in line with the club and academy philosophy.
• To ensure that the football club and academy philosophy is evident in the coaching and games programme.
• Essential requirements for the post
• UEFA ‘A’ (Level 4) coaching license is essential in line with the EPPP rules.
• FA Youth Award Modules 1, 2, 3
• Enhanced DBS clearance
• Previous coaching and management position/experience – preferably at academy level
• FA Child Protection Certificate
• FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
• Excellent computer skills
• Live in Scunthorpe/Lincolnshire or within 1 hour of Scunthorpe United FC
Desirable requirements for the post
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• PGCE / Qualified Teacher status
• FA Tutor status
• FA Developing Defenders award
• FA Developing Midfielders award
• FA Developing Attackers award
• FA Psychology awards 1 - 5
• Degree in Sport & Exercise Science
• FA Talent I.D. award
Scunthorpe United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.
Applications to: Academy Manager - email@example.com.
Closing date 24/12/15 at 5pm