Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


18 September 2014

The Iron were 2-1 winners over Coventry on Matchday 8 of the Sky Bet League One 2014/15 season.

Reda Johnson saw red for violent conduct after putting his head towards Lyle Taylor, shortly after the visitors took the lead through Frank Nouble.

Paddy Madden drew us level with a great finish and he then turned provider in the second period as he crossed for Lyle Taylor to head home his first competitive goal for the Iron.

Elsewhere in the division, Saturday’s opponents Leyton Orient drew on the road at Notts County.

Manager Russell Slade has been given a stay of execution by the new owners of Orient and the 1-1 draw saw both goals scored from the spot, first by the Magpies’ Zeli Ismail and then the O’s Chris Dagnall. We are now level on points with the London club, who travel to Glanford Park at the weekend.

Leaders Bristol City kept up their unbeaten start to the campaign, with their fourth win in a row, as they beat Port Vale 3-0 at Vale Park. Aaron Wilbraham was on the score sheet once again as he notched two goals either side of Aden Flint’s strike.

Sheff Utd staged a late comeback to win 3-2 at Colchester. The hosts were 2-0 up as George Moncur and Freddie Sears notched them in front and Ben Davies started the comeback on 83 minutes when he struck a low shot home. Ryan Flynn levelled the Blades two minutes later, before Davies secured the win with a penalty on 88 minutes to complete an amazing five-minute turnaround.

Chesterfield followed up their win over the Iron with a 3-3 draw at Preston. The hosts were 3-0 up inside 30 minutes at Deepdale as Alan Browne, Joe Garner and Josh Brownhill notched, but Eoin Doyle scored a second hat-trick in a row to stage a comeback for the Spireites.

Matt Done, Ashley Eastham, Ian Henderson and Andy Butler scored for Rochdale as they beat Walsall 4-0 at Spotland.

Cody McDonald’s late penalty helped Gillingham beat Peterborough 2-1 at Priestfield. McDonald scored the opener before Jon Taylor’s fortuitous goal put Darren Ferguson’s men level. McDonald stepped up to score an 86th minute penalty to give Peter Taylor’s men the full three points.

Bradford scored twice in two minutes in the first half to give them a 2-1 win on the road at MK Dons. Aaron McLean put them in front on 24 minutes and Billy Clarke scored on 26 minutes before Dean Lewington’s goal gave the Dons hope before the break, as Phil Parkinson’s men held on.

Oldham held Swindon to a 2-2 draw at the County Ground. Jonathan Obika continued his good form by scoring first before James Dayton levelled Athletic. Andy Williams thought he had won it for the Robins with a late drive and Amari Morgan-Smith equalised four minutes later to share the points.

Billy Waters put Crewe in front before Kieffer Moore snatched Yeovil a 1-1 draw with the Alex at Huish Park, while Doncaster and Crawley also shared the points with a goalless draw at the Keepmoat.

Advertisement block