Scunthorpe United Football Club is seeking to recruit qualified coaching staff within the Foundation Phase (U9-U11) and Youth Development Phase (U12-U16) of its Academy.The positions are part-time.
The rate of pay for a UEFA B Coach is £14 per hour.
Home match fees are £30.
Away match fees are £40.
At the Foundation Phase age groups, this will amount to 3 hours coaching per week plus a game on a weekend as per the Academy games programme.
At U12’s & U13’s this will amount to 4 hours coaching per week plus a game on a weekend as per the Academy games programme.
At U14’s to U16’s this will amount to 6 hours coaching per week plus a game on a weekend as per the Academy games programme.
The Academy programme operates over a 42 week season and the successful applicant will be engaged for this period in season 2014-15.
It is a mandatory requirement of the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) that applicants must be qualified to UEFA B license level.
Applicants must also hold a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate, a current FA Safeguarding Children Certificate and also be a member of the Licensed Coaches Club.
Preferably, applicants will have also undertaken the FA’s Youth Module Awards (Youth Modules One to Three).
A Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check will be undertaken on all successful interviewees.
Appointment to the post will be dependent upon the outcome of the DBS check and upon the receipt of satisfactory references.
Applicants must live within a maximum of 60 minutes travelling time by car of the Academy (Our Academy is based at DN15 7DF).
We do not pay travel expenses.
Applications will be accepted from coaches who have completed the initial course of UEFA B training and who are awaiting their final assessment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities -
1. To deliver coaching sessions within the designated age groups.
2. To attend games programme within the designated age groups.
3. To plan, evaluate and log all training sessions.
4. To deliver and represent all areas of Scunthorpe United Academies philosophy.
5. To assist in the monitoring and assessment of the players in the Academy squads in training and in match performances based on the club's coaching syllabus.
6. To contribute to the scouting and recruitment process where appropriate.
7. To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to the demands of the role and to maintain qualifications.
8. To undertake administrative tasks related to the role. Including recording of sessions, player performance clocks and player reviews
9. To attend meetings as directed by the Academy Manager and Lead Phase Coach
Applications should be made to the Academy Manager, Tony Daws at the following email address:
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th June 2014.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 30th June 2014.