We provide some questions to keep the grey matter ticking over during the summer.THE SEASON IN MONTHS
1) In June, which footballer became the first summer signing for the club, returning to the club for a second spell after a decade with Hull City?
2) In July, the Iron returned to pre-season, but against which non-league local side did they score the most goals?
3) How many clean sheets did the first team keep in their nine pre-season matches?
4) When competitive football kicked off in August, how many games did Scunthorpe go without defeat in all competitions?
5) Which United player scored the most goals in the opening month of the season and how many goals did he score?
6) In September, the Iron took on Burton Albion. In that match, what happened to Scunthorpe for the first time in the season?
7) In September, United scored five goals with four different players. Can you name them all?
8) At the start of October, the reserves hosted Mansfield Town at Glanford Park and were 3-0 down inside the first 20 minutes. What was the final score?
9) United made one loan signing to bolster the squad in October. Which player made the short trip from Yorkshire to play for Scunthorpe?
10) The youth team were twice beaten in two different cup competitions by the same team. Which team beat them?
11) In November, which player made his first start for the club, scoring his first goal to seal a 1-1 draw?
12) Hakeeb Adelakun made his first professional start as a footballer at the end of November, but who was it against?
13) The Iron had a 14 day wait to play in December, but who could they have played on the 7th in the FA Cup?
14) Which United player stepped up to play up front in the second half of a 2-0 away win at Oxford United due to Sam Winnall being suspended?
15) The turn of the year saw the Iron top the division for the first time, but how many days did they remain on top?
16) Paul Hayes returned to the club in January, netting a brace on his third debut for the club in a 2-0 away win at Mansfield, but at what rank does he sit at in Scunthorpe United’s all time goals tally?
17) In February, United turned around a 2-0 half time deficit to beat Accrington Stanley 3-2, completing the comeback in stoppage time. Which two players came on at half time for the side to aid the turnaround?
18) In the same month, midfielder David Syers netted a hat-trick against Portsmouth in a 5-1 demolition of the side at Glanford Park. Prior to that fixture, when was the last time the Iron grabbed five goals?
19) In March, the Iron made their longest away trip of the season by travelling to Portsmouth on March 15. Hakeeb Adelakun enforced an own goal, but who scored United’s first?
20) How many clean sheets did Scunthorpe keep in March?
21) Against which two sides did the Iron win 1-0 against in April?
22) A defeat against Exeter ended a long unbeaten run, but just how many games did Scunthorpe go undefeated?
23) The season ended in a home game against York City. What was the score at half time?
24) York went onto play in the play-offs, but which side joined Scunthorpe in League One?
THE RECORDS, AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
25) United made it 28 games unbeaten following Russ Wilcox’s instatement as manager of the Iron, but how may games unbeaten was the previous club record, set in 2006/07?
26) Wilcox made it into the history books with that run, overhauling whose previous World Record while managing with FC Porto?
27) With Scunthorpe fifteen games unbeaten away from home prior to their defeat to Exeter City, they had the longest current unbeaten away record in the whole of Europe. Which side lost a week earlier to hand the Iron that feat?
28) Manager Russ Wilcox ended the season by picking up the LMA Manager of the Year Award, but in which three months was he nominated for the PFA Manager of the Month?
29) With just five defeats to their name all season – the lowest total in the entire of English professional football – United broke another club record. How many games did they lose in 2006/07; the previous lowest total?
30) Just one player managed to achieve a PFA Player of the Month award. Which player received the accolade?
31) And in what month were the awarded it?
32) Chesterfield proved to hold the only penalty taker capable of beating Sam Slocombe in the 2013/14 season, with the shotstopper seeing just one of the seven spot kicks conceded converted. Which sides failed in their efforts to beat him?
We'll publish the answers in a few days! #UTI