United would like to thank all who attended our stadium consultation event at Glanford Park on Tuesday.Supporters had the chance between 2.00pm and 8.00pm that day to look at the plans for the Iron's new home, and and discuss them.
PWA Planning are working on behalf of Scunthorpe United Football Club to prepare and submit a planning application for a mixed use sport and leisure development, including a 12,000 capacity stadium for the club at Lincolnshire Lakes.
The existing application site, as illustrated in the plan below, is currently agricultural land. However, it recently received outline planning permission for a commercial park for a range of uses including: a food store, restaurants, hot food takeaways, sports, health and leisure facility, hotel and public house, and business park offices.
As part of this new proposed development, the club were keen to consult on the scheme in order to allow members of the public to view the potential development and provide feedback and comments.
The proposed scheme has been informed by a range of discussions with stakeholders and remains in draft and as such may be subject to revisions in accordance with the comments from the local community as well as key stakeholders.
To summarise, the key components of the development include:
- 12,000 capacity stadium, including ancillary club facilities
- 120 bedroom hotel
- Gymnasium/health club
- Outdoor training football pitch
- New access and site access roads, car parking and associated infrastructure
- Outline planning permission for a multi-use indoor arena with an indoor football pitch and a range of outdoor grass community football pitches
We would welcome your comments with regards to the proposed development. You can also send your comments to us by the following means:
- By post PO Box 1340, Preston, PR2 0TL
- By email email@example.com
Please provide your comments by December 19