Iron Membership terms and conditions
1. Iron Membership cards are not transferable. A membership card is only valid when used by the person to whom it is registered. Any breach of this term will entitle the club to demand the surrender and cancellation of the membership card with no refund issued.
2. The membership card remains the property of Scunthorpe United FC. Membership cards may not be sold, exploited for commercial use, or used for promotional purposes or campaigns without the express written permission of the club.
3. All Iron Membership schemes are seasonal. The respective fee for each membership is therefore valid for one season only. Memberships purchased for use during season 2019-20 shall expire on 31 May 2020.
4. The membership fee is for one season. The fee will not be reduced for new applicants wishing to join at any point once the season is underway except in extreme circumstances as dictated by the club.
5. The club cannot accept any responsibility for membership cards that are lost or destroyed. Lost membership cards should be reported immediately to the Ticket Office on 01724 747670. Replacements will only be issued in special circumstances and at a cost of £5 irrelevant of age category.
6. All members who purchase tickets must at all times comply with Scunthorpe United FC Ground Regulations and match ticket terms and conditions. Any violation of these or any other material act or omission by you or on your behalf which Scunthorpe United FC considers in its absolute discretion compromises the safety or enjoyment of any match and/or which in any way brings Scunthorpe United FC into disrepute may result in membership being withdrawn or cancelled with no refund given.
7. The Club reserves the right to make a decision whether in the event of a cup-tie members joining once the draw has taken place are eligible to obtain ticket priority for that fixture.
8. Where applicable, Iron Membership gives ticket priority, after that of 12th Man Season Ticket Holders, for home and away games in the English Football League and relevant first team cup fixtures.
9. Iron membership provides the registered member with a £1 discount on all English Football League regular league matches. To receive this discount, tickets must be purchased prior to the chosen fixture commences in person, over the phone or online.
10. Supporters must purchase their membership in an earlier transaction to receive the £1 discount. The match ticket discount cannot be applied when Membership is made in the same transaction.
11. Scunthorpe United FC reserve the right to remove the £1 discount for particular games where reduced price general admission is in operation.
12. When ticket priority purchasing is in operation for particular games, the number of tickets available to purchase by individual members may vary on a match-to-match basis. It is the responsibility of the member to find out when tickets go on sale for each game, when the members' priority booking period commences and how many tickets they are able to purchase for that game. The club will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that every available club communication channel is utilised to provide ticketing information.
13. Iron membership does not guarantee a ticket to each game and Scunthorpe United FC shall accept no liability whatsoever for any failure of a person to purchase a match ticket by virtue of his/her membership. It is recommended that you book your ticket at your earliest convenience to maximise your chances of purchasing a ticket for a match.
14. All rights to priority regarding ticket sales for away games are at the discretion of the Club and membership does not guarantee tickets for any specific game.
15. Access for selected away match tickets will follow 12th Man Season Ticket Holders, the Club will identify these on a match-by-match basis where deemed necessary.
16. If Scunthorpe United FC suspects for any reason that the card is being used fraudulently or in bad faith to obtain match tickets, then the club retains the right to withdraw membership and/or ban the offending individual(s) from the Club with no refund given.
17. Ticket priority for Junior/Concession Members extends only to applications for Junior/Concession tickets. Junior/Concession Memberships may be linked to Adult Memberships via ‘My beneficiaries’ to consolidate a ticketing allowance.
18. No refunds will be given in respect of membership fees, including where membership is withdrawn under clause 6 or 16 of these Terms and Conditions.
19. If you are convicted of a ticketing offence, or we suspect you have committed a ticketing offence, we will notify the English Football League and / or any other relevant authority, who in turn may notify the UK Football Policing Unit. The information that we share may include your details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases. We will use this to identify and prevent ticketing offence and disorder at matches. If you have any queries about this, please contact our Ticket Office.
20. You should check these Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any amendments. They will be available at www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk. The club reserves the right to make such amendments from time-to-time, in which case they shall be binding upon you in such amended form.
21. Any prizes won over the season are non-transferable, and can-not be used in place of something else.
22. The 5% club shop discount is valid from June 1st 2019 to 31st May 2020 inclusive and may not be available on certain lines or sale items.
23. Iron Members age categories. Concessions count as 65 + (born before 31/08/1954), a student in full time education with valid student ID card or an under 21 (born after 31/08/1998). Junior membership is available for all under 18’s (born after 31/08/2001). Proof of status will be required at time of purchase.