The new-look version of our matchday magazine THE IRON will be on sale this Saturday when we host Swindon Town at the Sands Venue Stadium (3pm kick-off).
The issue will be on sale all around the stadium for £3, although 12th Man members can get it for free with the ‘Swindon Town’ voucher from their voucher books.
There are plenty of new features, with lots of content packed into the 68 pages. Also, if you flip the programme upside down at the back it becomes a Junior Iron Mini Mag for our younger supporters.
Inside on Saturday:
- Main interview with summer signing Kgosi Ntlhe, who also answers the fans' questions
- Paul Hurst's first league column as the new Iron manager
- Andy Butler's first ever notes as United skipper
- An overview of our visitors, including memories of a classic match against them from March 1985 and the visiting view
- A review of all the first team, U23s and U18s pre-season matches, as well as a report from the training camp in La Manga
- A round-up of what former Iron stars have been up to during the summer
- An in-depth piece with Sean McAllister about life after the Iron, as he also picks his 'Star Six' and recalls tales from the dressing room during his time here
- Supporters columns and notices, as well as memories from your first Iron match
- An interview with Iron fan Stephen Gaffney about his time supporting the club
- 'The Numbers Game', a new feature focusing on players who have worn a certain number for the club since 1999, as well as the 'Legends Trivia' quiz
- A Behind-the-Scenes feature on the club's catering coming back in-house
- Plenty of stats
- The SUFC Trust column, quizzes, features, Feature Fan and a young supporter interviews Jordan Clarke as part of our new Junior Iron Mini Mag feature
Make sure you get your 68-page copy of THE IRON this Saturday.