Scunthorpe United is embarking on a new chapter of the football club's history and is looking for an experienced Safety Officer with the same ambitions and enthusiasm as the club.
With a new stadium and first class training facilities on the horizon, we are looking for a person with the right experience and skills to take us and themselves to the next level.
We're looking for someone with the ability to safely run events (football and non-football), and run a successful team looking after the stadium events' safety management.
To ensure compliance with the terms of the Safety Certificate, Health & Safety Legislation and other relevant guides and legislation.
• Liaising with the Operations Manager in the management of football matches and other stadium events
• Liaising with the Head of C&B in respect of all safety and service delivery matters relating to their stadium operations
• Liaising with the Safety Advisory Group and Sports Ground Safety Authority
• Attending all meetings on behalf of the club to discuss any issues relating to the Safety Certificate or Safety at Sports Ground Legislation
• Ensuring that any action agreed in respect of safety or maintenance is carried out
• Responsibility for the appointment and training of all matchday staff deemed necessary to comply with the Safety Certificate
• Management of all matchday stewards and overall matchday safety operations
• liaise with the police matchday commander to ensure:-
a) that procedures are in force for identifying the sections of the ground to which spectators may be admitted
b) that strategic gates are identified and staffed, either by stewards, or police officers, before spectators are admitted into the ground
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• NVQ Level 4 in Event Safety Management
• Good IT skills
• Excellent customer service skills and relevant experience
• Good numeracy skills and a keen eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Trustworthy, reliable and highly focused
• Excellent organisational qualities
• A full, clean driving licence
• Holds a current CRC Certificate
• Flexible attitude to work
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Polite and courteous manner
• Good management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Personable approach
Click here to download a job description. This role description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job.
Salary depending on experience and candidate, Expected start date: May 2017.
To apply for this role, please email operations manager Pete Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your covering letter and current CV.
Tweets by @SUFCOfficial