Iron assistant club secretary Adam Grice is part of a contingent from the club taking part in the Football to Amsterdam Charity Cycle trek.Full details can be read here, as Adam and his fellow cyclists look to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK. To sponsor the Iron group, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleChallengeSUFC.
Here is the final part of Adam's blog detailing the journey:
- After lunch, everyone took the steady ride towards Amsterdam, passing Schiphol Airport in the distance. Like last year, the route remained fairly flat with all riders having conquered the hills yesterday.
- Once we reached the outskirts of Amsterdam we all congregated together as one group where we would all ride to the Amsterdam ArenA as one big Men United team.
- It was here where we were greeted by friends and family of some of the participants as we crossed the finishing line.
- The Sheffield Wednesday/England band couldn't be with us on day two so there was no musical finale.
- However, that wasn't an issue as we all soon had a medal around our necks for completing the challenge and raising around £400,000 for PCUK (combined funds from both routes).
- After we'd all finished, the bikes were loaded back on to the vans ahead of their ferry back to Hull via Rotterdam.
- The riders, on the other hand, headed straight for the hotel bar for a few well deserved pints and celebratory meal. Then it'll be time to hit Amsterdam.
WE'VE MADE IT TO AMSTERDAM!!! Congratulations to everyone who's taken part this year. pic.twitter.com/bxmBHs5Zal— Adam Grice (@adamgrice91) June 4, 2016
Tweets by @SUFCOfficial