Iron assistant club secretary Adam Grice is part of a contingent from the club taking part in the Football to Amsterdam Charity Cycle trek.Full details can be read here, as Adam and his fellow cyclists look to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK. To sponsor the Iron group, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CycleChallengeSUFC.
Here is part 2 of Adam's blog detailing the journey:
- At 8.30am we had our briefing in one of the stands at Oakwell, Barnsley, as we went through the route and all the health and safety details we needed to know.
- Just after 9am, we had the Sheffield Wednesday band play for us as we set off.
- We left Oakwell and cycled 20 miles through a number of villages before reaching Doncaster.
- From there we took the backroads through Barnby Dun, Fishlake, Goole and stopped for dinner at a pub called The Percy Arms, outside Goole.
- To be honest, so far it's been easier than what I expected but I think the months of training we put in helped.
- Mick Roden and Nathan Skidmore are loving it so far too, and Damon Campion has been taking photos for us.
- So far, we're beating Donny by a good stretch too!
- I will be providing you with updates throughout the two days and letting you know my progress.
Delighted to say we're over half way through day one. 38 miles completed. Time for a spot of lunch. @SUFCOfficial— Adam Grice (@adamgrice91) June 3, 2016
Tweets by @SUFCOfficial