Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


1 September 2015

The Iron let a 2-0 lead slip as they drew against Colchester 2-2 on Saturday.

A Kevin van Veen free-kick and Paddy Madden’s composed finish put United in a commanding position, only for the hosts to mount a comeback.

George Moncur pulled one back in the first half and then George Elokobi grabbed an equaliser with less than 10 minutes left.

Elsewhere in League One, Walsall continued their excellent start as they beat bottom of the table Blackpool 4-0 at Bloomfield Road.

Romaine Sawyers grabbed a brace, Sam Mantom was also on target, and a Tom Aldred own goal helped to send the Saddlers top.

Sheffield United made it four straight wins as they won 2-0 at Swindon, with second half goals from Neil Collins and Billy Sharp securing victory.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink continued his excellent start to management as he saw his Burton side win 1-0 to climb to third.

Mark Duffy struck in the last minute against Shrewsbury, which left the hosts in the bottom three still looking for a first win.

Late drama at Peterborough meant that Gillingham had to settle for a point in an entertaining 1-1 draw.

The Gills led in the 85th minute thanks to Ashedeji Oshilaja, only for Jon Taylor to rescue a point very late on for the Posh.

Coventry continued their good start, but they had to settle for a 2-2 at home to a battling Southend side still looking for their first win.

Reda Johnson gave the hosts the lead, but Noel Hunt and David Mooney turned the game around, only for Sam Ricketts to secure a point in the second half.

Rochdale are also in the play-offs after a comfortable 3-0 win against Barnsley. Calvin Andrew, Peter Vincenti and Ian Henderson were on target.

Chesterfield are just behind them following their impressive 2-0 win at Millwall, with Jay O’Shea finding the net twice.

A draw for Oldham maintained their unbeaten start to the season, as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Bury.

Lee Croft struck for the visitors, but Tom Pope equalised in the second half. Both sides have now drawn four of their opening five games.

Doncaster grabbed their first victory of the season as they beat Fleetwood 2-0 thanks to first half efforts from James Coppinger and Curtis Main.

A last minute Devante Cole goal was enough to also give Bradford their first three points of the campaign against Port Vale, moving them out of the bottom four.

Elsewhere, Michael Jacobs’ goal gave Wigan a 1-0 victory at home to Crewe, who find themselves in the relegation zone and still winless.

Next up for the Iron is Tuesday’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie against Barnsley at Glanford Park, with a place in the second round at stake.

Tweets by @SUFCOfficial

Advertisement block