United's Academy is seeking to recruit qualified goalkeeper coach staff to work in our Development Centres with players aged 5-11 years.The coaching positions available are part-time.
Applicants must be minimum FA Level 1 qualified for which the rate of pay is £10 per hour.
As part of our Academy programme, we have a number of Development Centre’s set up to give players an opportunity to receive quality coaching and to also assist in our recruitment strategy.
Most of the sessions run between 5-6pm.
Applicants must also hold a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate, a current FA Safeguarding Children Certificate and also be a member of the F.A. Licensed Coaches Club.
A Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check will be undertaken on all successful interviewees.
Appointment to the post will be dependent upon the outcome of the DBS check and upon the receipt of satisfactory references.
Applicants must live within a maximum of 30 minutes travelling time by car of the Academy (Our Academy is based at DN15 7DF). We do not pay travel expenses.
Applications will be accepted from a successful interview process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To deliver coaching sessions within Scunthorpe United Academy Development Centres.
2. To take and maintain accurate weekly attendance registers.
3. To be responsible for handling coaching fee payments.
4. To understand and implement all areas of Scunthorpe United Academies philosophy.
5. To contribute to the scouting and recruitment of ‘elite’ players into the Academy from the Development Centres.
6. To undertake and attend all Academy CPD events as directed by the Foundation Phase Lead Coach and as appropriate to meet the demands of the role and to also maintain coaching qualifications.
7. To attend staff meetings as directed by the Academy Manager and Foundation Phase Lead Coach.
Applications should be made to the Foundation Phase Lead Coach, Rob Watson at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday, February 6, 2015 at 5pm.
Interviews will be conducted by the Academy Manager and Foundation Phase Lead Coach and will take place week commencing 16 February 2015.