Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


7 December 2015

The Iron will have to face Leyton Orient in a replay to progress to the third round of the Emirates FA Cup.

The two sides drew 0-0 in East London, meaning they will go again on the 15th December at Glanford Park.

A couple of League One sides have already secured their passage to the third round, including Colchester who survived a scare against Altrincham.

The U’s hit back twice thanks to Callum Harriot and Tom Lapslie, with Jake Moult and Michael Rankine netting for the non-league side.

It looked like the National League side had earned a replay, but Harriot struck in the last minute to put Colchester through with a 3-2 win.

Doncaster also came from behind against lower league opposition, turning it around to beat League Two side Cambridge 3-1.

Luke Berry gave the hosts the lead, but a Conor brace and a strike from Mitchell Lund secured Rovers’ passage to the next round.

The same could not be said for Millwall as they lost 2-1 at home to League Two promotion chasers Wycombe Wanderers.

Ex-Iron striker Paul Hayes gave the visitors the lead and, although Ben Thompson equalised, Michael Harriman won it late on for Wycombe.

Port Vale also suffered an upset as they lost 2-0 at Exeter, with a goal in each half ending their cup dreams.

Jordan Tillson headed the visitors in front, before Ollie Watkins sealed their place in the third round in the last minute.

League One play-off hopefuls Bradford will be in the next round draw after they comfortably beat non-league side Chesham 4-0.

Kyel Reid, James Hanson, Gary Liddle and Devante Cole all scored for the hosts who will be hoping to recreate their famous run of last season.

Peterborough are also in the hat as they comfortably beat Luton 2-0, with goals from Conor Washington and Marcus Maddison sending them through.

An early Danny Rose header settled the all-League One clash between Rochdale and Bury, with the visitors progressing.

Sheffield United won their tie against fellow League One side Oldham, thanks to Matty Done’s goal just after half time.

A late Lee Novak goal meant that Chesterfield and Walsall will square up again though, with Jason Demetriou’s early opener cancelled out.

In the pick of the other ties, Eastleigh made it to the third round for the first time as they beat Stourbridge 2-0 to become the lowest ranked side definitely through.

Fellow non-league sides Whitehawk and Salford City will both have another chance though following respective draws against Dagenham and Hartlepool.

There was heartbreak for Northwich Victoria as they squandered a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 at Northampton, with three in the last seven minutes killing their dreams.

There were also wins for Oxford, Carlisle, Newport, Portsmouth and Yeovil, who will all be in the hat for Monday’s draw at 7pm. The Iron are ball 57.

Next up for Mark Robins’ side is a trip to Port Vale on Saturday, with the team looking to bounce back after defeat in their last League One game.

Advertisement block