Hakeeb Adelakun has been named in a select XI by Football League Education.He joins 10 other talented players who have started 2014 in style.
‘The 11’ competition recognises the football and academic progress of eleven apprentice players across the land, while also taking into account other factors including involvement in charity or community based initiatives.
Set-up by LFE last October, the competition runs 4 times each season (October, December, February and May) and celebrates the achievements of under 18 footballers across The Football League. February’s 11 is as follows:
• Mark Waddington (Blackpool)
• Fraser Murdoch (Crewe Alexandra)
• Sam Ling (Leyton Orient)
• James Roberts (Oxford United)
• Ben Purrington (Plymouth Argyle)
• Harley Wigley (Rotherham United)
• Hakeeb Adelakun (Scunthorpe United)
• Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Sheffield United)
• Ted Smith (Southend United)
• Ibrahim Keita (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
• Cameron Murray (York City)
LFE chief executive Alan Sykes said: “This competition is directly associated with apprentice reviews that are conducted by our team of regional officer’s throughout the season. It is a great way to showcase the achievements and progress of talented young footballers on the apprenticeship programme.”