Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
11 December 2021 Venue The Suit Direct Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Scene setter: Hartlepool United (A)

10 December 2021

The Iron return to action away at Hartlepool United in League Two on Saturday. See our handy guide to the articles we've published ahead of the fixture below.

Details for all fans who are travelling to the North East.


The Iron boss looks ahead to the game.

The defender speaks ahead of the match.

We look back at previous matches against Hartlepool United.

Read a profile of the referee, plus see who the rest of the officials are.

An overview of our hosts this weekend.

Details of how fans who live abroad can watch on iFollow.

See from Keith Hill ahead of the game.

See our past record for games played on December 11th.

See the other fixtures for this Saturday.

See the latest articles from their website.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Hartlepool United 0-0 Iron

11 December 2021

Scunthorpe United drew 0-0 away at Hartlepool United on Saturday afternoon, making it four games unbeaten.

The Iron made one change going into the game, as Ryan Loft came in for Devarn Green.
The fifth minute of the game saw patient build-up from the Iron before Myles Hippolyte drew a foul. The kick was taken quickly to Alfie Beestin down the right channel. He hung up a cross for Aaron Jarvis, with his header saved by Ben Killip, as the Iron man was also flagged offside.
Hartlepool's Luke Molyneux drew Rory Watson into his first save of the game as he cut onto his right foot and fired in a low shot from 25-yards. The Iron ‘keeper made a comfortable stop though.
Following a home free-kick in the 12th minute, Emmanuel Onariase made first contact with the set-play, but Hartlepool kept the chance alive with a half-volley from 10-yards out, which flew past Watson’s right-hand post and out for a goal kick.
A minute later, Scunthorpe went up the other end and had a chance of their own through Beestin as he beat one man, cut onto his left foot and struck towards the near post. Killip scrambled down to his left, but the ball flashed just wide.
There was then another chance for the Iron moments later as Jarvis played forward to Loft who had the beating of the defender for pace. He played across the edge of the box for Beestin who stung the palms of Killip.
After 21 minutes, the home side's Molyneux wriggled free on the right channel, bringing the ball along the edge of the box before firing a left-footed shot over the bar.
Straight after, at the other end, there was a lucky escape for home ‘keeper Killip who passed the ball in Loft’s direction on the edge of the box, but the ball hit the striker and returned to the grateful Pools shot stopper.
Three minutes later, United got in on the right side with the ball played inside the area to Hippolyte. He hung up a cross, which a back-pedalling Killip grasped.
After 27 minutes, Tom Crawford tried to find space through a number of Iron bodies to shoot. The eventual effort was blocked before Ross Millen hacked away the loose ball for a Hartlepool throw.
The rainy conditions were starting to affect the game, with the next chance coming on 42 minutes when the home fans wanted a penalty as Cullen went down. Watson gathered though and play continued.
Just a minute later, Nicky Featherstone drew Watson into a save as the ball was teed up to him on the edge of the box. It was a powerful strike, but straight at the Iron goalkeeper.
In the second minute out of two in stoppage time, Loft was bear-hugged inside the penalty area but he still managed to knock the ball down with Jarvis almost pouncing on defensive uncertainty.
There was an Iron change at the interval as Dan Gallimore came on for George Taft.
On 48 minutes, Beestin managed to break clear on the right side of the area, but his cross was hooked away. Hippolyte and Mason O’Malley kept the chance alive, with a subsequent cross blocked.
A minute later, the Iron pressed high and won the ball back on the right. Loft then looked to catch Killip off guard by firing in a shot, but the ball went behind for a goal kick.
In the 52nd minute, O’Malley battled with Jamie Sterry as the Hartlepool full-back looked to angle in a cross. It resulted in a corner to Hartlepool, with the ball played to Ferguson on the edge of the box. His cushioned volley went wide of the target though.
With 58 minutes gone, Sterry had a volley blocked by Jarvis before Tom Pugh got a vital touch on the ball. The ball dropped for Tom Crawford, but his goalbound effort was saved before the Iron got the ball clear.
Just after, Watson got down to his left to beat away a left-footed free-kick from Ferguson on the right side of the area.
On 61 minutes, Gallimore read a flick into the area to intercept the ball as Pool looked to be in on goal. Onariase then headed clear the follow-up before O’Malley hooked away for a throw.
Soon after that, the hosts had the ball in the net, but Watson was fouled as a looping ball came towards him, with the Iron ‘keeper ending up in a heap on the floor, resulting in a free-kick to the Iron.
With 64 minutes gone, the Iron made their second alteration as Harry Bunn came on for Loft, returning to action for the first time since early November.
The next chance came five minutes later as the ball dropped in the six-yard box with Jarvis on hand to clear. The home goalkeeper sent the ball back forward with a half-volley from the edge of the box subsequently sent off-target.
The ball droped for Bunn 20-yards from goal on his left foot in the 74th minute, with a controlled effort comfortably saved by Killip.
Three minutes later, Onariase sent the ball around the corner for Jarvis who had the beating of Time Odusina. He just about managed to squeeze in a cross, but Killip gathered.
Hippolyte then read a cut-back cross at the other end as Hartlepool broke down the right. He slid in and saw the ball loop up and over the crossbar for a corner, which Jarvis headed away and Beestin cleared for a throw.
The 80th minute saw a big chance for the Iron as Hippolyte knocked the ball on and was fouled. The referee played advantage with Bunn crossing. The ball was cleared as far as Gallimore who sent an effort over the bar.
Three minutes after, there was a penalty shout for the Iron as Hippolyte rolled the ball past a player inside the box before being blocked off. There was a big “no” from the referee as he dismissed the claims.
In the 84th minute, Beestin played inside from the right channel with Bunn and Hippolyte combining. Bunn saw a cross cleared before Hippolyte almost caught Killip off guard with his shot saved.
Moments later, at the other end, the hosts wanted a penalty as Jai Rowe did well to thwart Cullen from getting in on goal. The Iron cleared, while Rowe stayed down with a head injury, but the referee kept play going until Watson gained possession.
In the final minute of normal time, Sterry was denied by Watson following a powerful near post shot before Watson got up in the group of players to punch away.
The Iron wanted a penalty in the second minute of stoppage time as Bunn turned the ball into the area for Gallimore. The half-time substitute looked poised to shoot, but appeared to be brought down. Pugh was then penalised for fouling as he went for the loose ball.
A minute later, Holohan was denied by Watson as the Iron ‘keeper got down low to his right for the last chance of the match.
Scunthorpe return to action next Saturday when they host Bristol Rovers in their final home game before Christmas (3pm kick-off).
HARTLEPOOL: Killip, Sterry, Odusina, Liddle, Byrne, Ferguson, Featherstone, Shelton (Holohan, 82), Crawford, Molyneux (Grey, 69), Cullen (Olomola, 86).
HARTLEPOOL SUBS NOT USED: Mitchell, Hendrie, Francis-Angol, Daly.
IRON: Watson, Millen, O'Malley, Taft (Gallimore, 45), Onariase, Beestin, Loft (Bunn, 64), Hippolyte, Rowe, Jarvis, Pugh.
IRON SUBS NOT USED: Billson, Green, Scrimshaw, Hackney, Lewis.

ATTENDANCE: 4,809 (228 away).

Advertisement block

Ticket News

Tickets and travel on sale for Hartlepool trip this Saturday

10 December 2021

Tickets and travel are on sale for the Iron's League Two trip to face Hartlepool United, which takes place on Saturday, December 11th (3pm kick-off).

PAY ON THE DAY: Supporters can pay on the day in the ticket office on Clarence Road at Hartlepool's stadium. They can pay by cash or card but matchday prices do apply.

We have been handed an allocation of 500 tickets for the game at the Suit Direct Stadium.

You can purchase tickets in person at the Iron ticket office, by calling 01724 747670 during opening hours (see below) or through visiting Buy in advance from the Iron and we receive 5% of the sales.

Should they not sell out, match tickets will remain on sale from the Iron ticket office until 3.30pm on Friday, December 10th.

Meanwhile, official coach travel will also be also on sale, costing £19 members and £21 non-members. Departure times are 10.30am from the Hornsby bus depot, 10.35am from Ashby Broadway, 10.45am from the Museum and Baths Hall, and 11am from the Sands Venue Stadium. Travel must be purchased in advance from our ticket office or online via  

Ticket prices for the game are as follows:

Adult £20 £21
Concession* (65+, U19, Student, Armed Forces) £14 £15
Under-16s £5 £6
Under-5s** Free  

*ID will be required on entry

**Must be accompanied by an adult


Call 01724 747670

Our ticket office is open at the following times: 

Wednesday, December 8 - Closed
Thursday, December 9 - 10am until 4pm
Friday, December 10 - 10am until 4pm

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account